Re: [Lynx-dev] Default file name when saving HTML documents to disk

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Default file name when saving HTML documents to disk
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:33:14 -0400 (EDT)

Suggested page name with [P]rint will be the domain name if '/' is the request, and filename.txt if there is a specific file; seems appropriate to name it .txt since it isn't a print of html.

You get .html as suggested extension if you are viewing document source with '\' (html).

With my patch to view .css files, lynx suggests .css as extension with [P]rint.

Stef
http://caunter.ca/contact.html

I agree that the formed file name is legal. My question is why does Lynx
append *.txt extension for *.html files and does not do this for *.cgi
files? Does the user have control over it, or it is hidden in Lynx
internals?

The cgi script doesn't have a text/html format, so lynx leaves its name alone.