[Lynx-dev] popen() returns EINVAL

From: Antonio Maria BORNEO
Subject: [Lynx-dev] popen() returns EINVAL
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:08:42 +0200

Hi,
I'm running lynx on Fedora Core 4, and I got problems with "copy to clipboard" feature.

The problem seems in the file ./src/LYUtils.c in the proc put_clip(), where popen() call get 2nd parameter "wt". On my version of glibc (2.3.5), such "wt" parameter returns EINVAL error. Allowed only "r" and "w".
By replacing such parameter with "w" it works fine.

Don't know which OS requires "wt".

In the same file there is another call to popen(), in proc clip_grab(), where the 2nd parameter is "rt", that is again not allowed by glibc.

Latest snapshot lynx2.8.6dev.18 still have such problem.

Additional hint:
if someone wants "copy to clipboard" feature working with KDE clipboard application (klipper), set the env variable
export RL_CLCOPY_CMD='dcop klipper klipper setClipboardContents "`cat`"'

Antonio