[Lynx-dev] SSL errors and retrieval

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] SSL errors and retrieval
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:04:01 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

from #lynx on calkins.freenode.net (IRC):

A user wants to retrieve something from an HTTPS website, like this:

lynx -dump --accept_all_cookies -auth=foo:bar
https://api.del.icio.us/v1/posts/get?

He says it works without the -dump, but doesn't work with it.
I told him to install the SSL cert bundle, but it didn't seem
to help (no idea why), and I cannot reproduce it because I
don't have that -auth= info.

But the basic idea of having a command line option which over-
rides all SSL warnings (self-signed cert, no common name, can't
find local issuer, etc.) would make sense to me, for these who
really want it. (Please do not add that to -dump automatically,
for these who DO care about SSL.)

bye,
//mirabile
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt