[Lynx-dev] Problem with SSL certificates in Lynx

From: Aki Tuomi
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Problem with SSL certificates in Lynx
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:27:00 +0300

I tried looking thru the mailing list archives and could not find
anything useful for the following issue.

When connecting to a site with a proper certificate (not self-signed,
using a proper CA, listed properly in /etc/ssl/certs) i get error

 SSL error:Can't find common name in certificate-Continue?

This error does not exhibit itself in other browsers, nor when testing
with

 openssl -CApath /etc/ssl/certs -connect site:443

I've set SSL_CERT_DIR=/etc/ssl/certs

I am now wondering why it won't work when it's done properly. This is
most annoying since I am using a commercially signed certificate. If you
need more information please don't hesitate to ask.

Aki Tuomi