Re: [Lynx-dev] [off topic] some way to connect to internal web server fr

From: Nigel Horne
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] [off topic] some way to connect to internal web server from the Internet?
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:49:31 +0100

Henry Nelson wrote:
My previous ISP had a proxy server that I could use to connect to my web
site using its Internet domain name.  My new provider doesn't have this
service so I've been forced to use the server's internal network IP
address to connect to it.  While this is okay for routine maintenance,
it doesn't let me check on Internet connectivity, and it breaks a couple
of links that I'd prefer to use the full URL rather than relative to the
document root.

I do that by running a local name server which traps calls to my
external domain name and resolves it to 127.0.0.1. I can then enable or
disable this name server at will so that connecting to bandsman.co.uk
will either connect to the external or internal versions on demand.
Why not try that?

__Henry

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Adjudicator, Band Trainer, Composer, Tutor, Typesetter.
NJH Music, Barnsley, UK.  ICQ#20252325