RE: [Lynx-dev] lynx 2.8.5 crashing on Windows Server 2003

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: RE: [Lynx-dev] lynx 2.8.5 crashing on Windows Server 2003
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 11:53:22 -0500 (EST)

Well really, lynx2.8whatever cannot be described as beta.

Historically, anything that might not work is flagged as experimental, although I haven't seen much like that lately. The CHANGES file is always meticulously detailed.

The 'development' version (current) is very reliable and is standard production software.

The 'release' version of lynx is a rather conservative choice. Don't hesitate to use the current version.

__Stef
http://caunter.ca/contact.html

I expected as much :-).  As far as I know I have the latest non-beta
version (2.8.5).  I suppose I could try the beta version.

That sounds like a good idea (there are 2-3 binaries for download which should have 2.8.6dev.something in the version string).