Re: [Lynx-dev] JS question

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] JS question
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 15:31:28 +0100 (BST)

> I would like to be able to use webmail from home. I am now thinking
> about trying to add JS to Lynx myself, but I am wondering just how big
> a project that really is. I'm running OpenBSD 3.9.

I'd guess its somewhere between a 30 and 50% re-write, to implement
the correct object models.  You may be able to port an actual scripting
interpreter with less effort, but it is useless without the object
model support.

It has been suggested that a text only interface to Mozilla would be
a lot cheaper to implement.