RE: [Lynx-dev] lynx 2.8.5 crashing on Windows Server 2003

From: patakuti
Subject: RE: [Lynx-dev] lynx 2.8.5 crashing on Windows Server 2003
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:46:28 +0900 (JST)

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, I wrote:

>    299                } else if (val == WAIT_OBJECT_0) {
>    300                    if (GetExitCodeThread(hThread, &exitcode) == FALSE)
> {
>    301                        exitcode = -1;
>    302                    }
>
> If GetExitCodeThread failed, exitcode is set as 0xFFFFFFFF.
> # exitcode is DWORD.
[snip]
> I tried http://whatismyip.org/ many times and I found that sometimes
> GetExitCodeThread failed and g_total_times is less than 1000 and Lynx
> is crashed.

I'm sorry that this sentence is not correct.
It didn't seem that GetExitCodeThread failed.

I checked the detail and found
  - get error at recv() in HTTP.c:ws_read()
  - then HTTP.c:_thread_func returns -1
  - tnen exitcode is set as 0xFFFFFFFF at GetExitCodeThread() in
    HTTP.c:ws_netread()
    # GetExitCodeThread itself successes.

>    318                        ws_read_per_sec = g_total_bytes /
> (g_total_times / 1000);
>
> If g_total_times is less than 1000, then we got div 0 error here.

Anyway we got div 0 error here.

The error, which is got at recv(), seems to be WSAECONNRESET as far as
I checed it by GetLastError().
--
Takeshi Hataguchi
E-mail: address@hidden