[Lynx-dev] lynx screen SIGWINCH

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] lynx screen SIGWINCH
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:44:55 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I once reported a bug about displaying text like this:

--- snip ---
                                                                Index of /~miwi
                                Index of /~miwi

        [1]Name                    [2]Last modified       [3]Size  [4]Descriptio

 [DIR]  [5]Parent Directory        26-Jul-2006 07:25      -
--- snip ---

instead of:

--- snip ---
                                                                Index of /~miwi
                                Index of /~miwi

        [1]Name                    [2]Last modified       [3]Size  [4]Descriptio

 [DIR]  [5]Parent Directory        26-Jul-2006 07:25      -
--- snip ---

The difference is a new line, as if the terminal has
automargin yet lynx/ncurses (still this 5.2 one of
BSD) adds a newline there.

It gets worse over time:

--- snip ---
                                                                Index of /~miwi
                                Index of /~miwi

        [1]Name                    [2]Last modified       [3]Size  [4]Descriptio
           Parent Directory
 [DIR]  [5]Parent Directory        26-Jul-2006 07:25      -
--- snip ---

This is after pressing "cursor down" four times,
the cursor is now on the [5]-less (upper) "Parent
Directory", the upper 'n' is left from when it was
on "Description".

This occurs after:

^Ac (start a new window inside screen)
lynx $url
^Ax (lock)
<password to unlock>
^L (redraw)

screen 4.0.2 (TERM=screen inside) on
wscons (TERM=vt220 or wsvt25 outside)

bye,
//mirabile
--
> emacs als auch vi zum Kotzen finde (joe rules) und pine für den einzig
> bedienbaren textmode-mailclient halte (und ich hab sie alle ausprobiert). ;)
Hallooooo, ich bin der Holger ("Hallo Holger!"), und ich bin ebenfalls
... pine-User, und das auch noch gewohnheitsmäßig ("Oooooooohhh").  [aus dasr]