Re: [Lynx-dev] Windows Lynx style sheet destroyed after using external

From: gilmap
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Windows Lynx style sheet destroyed after using external
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:38:29 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Lawrence Armstrong said:

> Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 23:34:13 -0400
>

> Just make the following changes to your Lynx.cfg.  It's been quite a =
> while=20
> ago, but I believe these were the only changes necessary for it to work. =
>
> You basically define the mime type and tell it what "viewer" app you =
> want to=20
> handle it. Hope it works for you.
>
> I just tested it with a few shoutcast stations.
>
> SUFFIX:.ram:audio/x-pn-realaudio
>
> VIEWER:audio/x-pn-realaudio:start realplay.exe %s

By analogy, on Solaris 2.8 with Lynx 2.8.6dev.17, I created a
cgi-bin script which did

then mostly a

    od -x /dev/random

I added to lynx.cfg

    VIEWER:text/x-streaming:/bin/less

When I connect to my cgi-bin script, all I get is a progress
odometer.  I stopped Lynx when it reached 25 Mb.  What am I
doing wrong?

By contrast,  when I do:

    lynx -source same.script.cgi | /bin/less

it pages with less, as I'd expect.

Does it make a difference to specify SUFFIX?

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL