Re: [Lynx-dev] Question about using lynx as a filter...

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Question about using lynx as a filter...
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 18:44:07 -0400

060804 Charlie Sorsby wrote:
> I should like to be able to use Lynx as a filter
> to translate HTML to plain text to handle e-mails which are in HTML.
> if all you have to say is that I should use a modern mail client
> so that I can just view HTML e-mail, I *like* my mail client
> and have no intention of switching.

You don't say which mail client you're using.  If you're using Mutt
-- very old-fashioned & what the pro's seem to prefer (smile) -- ,
just enter 'v' to see the parts & have it set up to use Lynx for HTML.
It can't be any quicker with Mutt to do it the way you're proposing
& if you're not using Mutt, does your mail client have something similar ?

Otherwise, TD & the others have explained how to do what you asked about.