Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: COLOR_STYLE & friends

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: COLOR_STYLE & friends
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 10:45:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, address@hidden wrote:

20060810 12:07 +0000, Thomas Dickey >>>>
Coincidentally, in work toward dev.19, I have modified the initialization
of color-style to use the lynx.cfg values if the ".lss" file is explicitly
suppressed, e.g.,

        lynx -lss=""
<<<<<<<<
I believ this would be right if all are absent....

But what if all are present (and compiled in), environmental variable
"LYNX_LSS", command-line option "lss", configuration-option "COLOR_STYLE",
which is actually used?

It should have the "usual" sense:

        command-line option -lss overrides the other two settings

        config-file setting "COLOR_STYLE" should be checked next,

        LYNX_LSS environment variable should be checked last.

(at the moment I'm not certain that the order of the last two functions as stated - will have to test/verify that).

The config-file setting actually overrides the compiled-in value for the
pathname of the ".lss" file.  So there are four parts to the pathname
computation.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net