Re: [Lynx-dev] Open terminal and lynx opens automatically

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Open terminal and lynx opens automatically
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:28:30 -0700

At 03:00p -0600 08/15/2006, trash didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

You must think I'm a nut by now. I'm just very frustrated with Lynx.

Sorry to send again, Lynx version is 2.8.6 (not 2.8.5)

Problem: Installed Lynx for Mac OS 10.3. Lynx version is 2.8.6

After installing Lynx, every time I open a new Terminal window, lynx opens. I only want Lynx to open when I tell it to open. I use Terminal quite often, but I can't figure out how to stop Lynx from starting. I have since removed the "Lynx.command" file from the Applications folder, however, now when I open terminal, the OS can't find lynx and therefore the terminal window closes. Using Bash. I want to remove Lynx completely. The text version of the browser isn't nearly as important as Bash.
        Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lynx is not telling itself to run.

Did you check your Terminal preferences as was suggested?