Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 06:11:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 00:18:28 -0500 (EST), Stef Caunter wrote:

I get '<<<>>>' also (FreeBSD 5.3), reminds of navigation arrows, but I have
seen it before, just not on a plain --with-ssl compile.

Ah, navigation arrows!  Yes, I can navigate with mouse click.
So this a feature of lynx and not a problem at all.
Thanks for your help.

But then, it might be a problem that I can't see "<<<" but
only white rectangle on kterm?

I seem to recall a problem here, that sometimes the terminal description states that the terminal has the left/right arrows (special graphic characters), but the terminal does not really do this.

And I found another problem with comparing kterm and uxterm.

On kterm, I saw two help lines (I don't know the correct term)
in the bottom of the window but on uxterm I saw only one line
containing [H]elp [O]ptions... (i.e. the second line only).

That sounds like a wrapping problem (I thought I'd fixed those, but it's
possible there are more). With a copy of the URL (or page), I can probably fix that.

I used LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 environment on uxterm.

Regards,                            2006-9-1(Fri)

Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>
Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima

--
Thomas E. Dickey