[Lynx-dev] Re: Open terminal and lynx opens automatically

From: William McBrine
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: Open terminal and lynx opens automatically
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:08:32 +0000 (UTC)

trash <trash <at> csihelps.com> writes:

> Problem: Installed Lynx for Mac OS 10.3. Lynx version is 2.8.6
>
> After installing Lynx, every time I open a new Terminal window, lynx
> opens.

I had this happen once, but with a different program. It's a Terminal
bug/misfeature, nothing to do with Lynx per se. It happens, IIRC, when you click
on the "Use Settings as Defaults" button under Window Settings, when you've
launched the program (in this case, Lynx) from its icon in Finder instead of
from the command line... something like that, anyway. I had a hard time fixing
it; eventually I resorted to trashing the Terminal preferences file:

 ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Terminal.plist

But there's probably a more elegant way.