Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 08:44:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 the mental interface of
Thomas Dickey told:

[...]
* change default initialization of color-style code when no lss file is given
  to simulate the non-color-style code.  There are some visual differences,
  e.g., links that contain a mixture of styles will display with mixed colors,
  but overall the visual effect matches the non-color-style code well enough
  to change the default configuration.  cf: 2000-07-16 (2.8.4dev.5) -TD

Where do I find the definition of the first column in the lynx.lss
file?

hmm - it's not well-documented, though I did add comments.

The first part of the lines in lynx.lss use a name for the tag which comes directly from html, e.g., <em> versus "em". Then there are special styles known only to lynx's color-style code such as "alink" for the active link.

Finally there are things that appear to be experimental (read: incomplete but harmless) code such as "Styles with classes".

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net