Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 09:58:31 +0900 (JST)

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 19:04:34 -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 02:53:09PM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> > On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 00:18:28 -0500 (EST), Stef Caunter wrote:
> >
> > > I get '<<<>>>' also (FreeBSD 5.3), reminds of navigation arrows, but I
> > > have
> > > seen it before, just not on a plain --with-ssl compile.
> >
> > Ah, navigation arrows!  Yes, I can navigate with mouse click.
> > So this a feature of lynx and not a problem at all.
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > But then, it might be a problem that I can't see "<<<" but
> > only white rectangle on kterm?
>
> That is an error in the kterm terminfo.  I investigated that last night
> and added it to my ncurses fixes.

Thanks for your effort.
BTW, what option brings this navigation arrows?

> > And I found another problem with comparing kterm and uxterm.
> >
> > On kterm, I saw two help lines (I don't know the correct term)
> > in the bottom of the window but on uxterm I saw only one line
> > containing [H]elp [O]ptions... (i.e. the second line only).
>
> I don't see this happening using ja_JP.EUC-JP for a quick check.
> Perhaps it depends on the particular page used (a url would help).
> Or perhaps my configure options differ - I turn most of them on:

I'll check configuration options later but please try
with LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 on uxterm if you didn't mistype
ja_JP.EUC-JP.  I guess it doesn't depends on a URL nor
a page.

Regards,                        2006-9-4(Mon)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima