[Lynx-dev] Lynxlet 0.6 - updated Mac OS X launcher application for Lynx

From: Chuck Houpt
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Lynxlet 0.6 - updated Mac OS X launcher application for Lynx
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:27:34 -0400

Hi all,

I've release an updated version of Lynxlet, which activates more lynx features (SSL, NLS) and includes source (details below):

http://habilis.net/lynxlet/

A version for lynx 2.8.6 is also available (Lynxlet-Dev), which is build with lynx 2.8.6pre.2. This currently has some problems with wide characters, since I haven't worked out the right combination of configure flags yet.

Lynxlet changes since 0.5:

SSL support: The underlying lynx uses Mac OS X's OpenSSL library and includes a bundle of Root certificates.

Multilingual support: includes all lynx UI languages and automatically switches language/character-set based on user's system preferences. Note, welcome page and lynx help are still english only.

Source-code support: Source code for Lynxlet and build scripts for lynx/libraries are included inside the application package. To build, just open Lynxlet.app/Contents/Source/Lynxlet.xcodeproj and build. Build requirements are Mac OS 10.4 with XCode and an internet connection (for fetching external sources). Note, Lynxlet is currently un-licensed, so its still just free-as-in-beer.

I'd be happy to hear of any comments or bugs, cheers - Chuck