[Lynx-dev] UTF-8 problem

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: [Lynx-dev] UTF-8 problem
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 17:25:45 +0900 (JST)

Hi all,

I'm recently migrating from ja_JP.eucJP to ja_JP.UTF-8 and
might find a problem.

On kterm with ja_JP.eucJP, lynx can display a page of both
ISO-2022-JP or euc-jp (or even UTF-8) if a source file setts
a correct charset=ISO-2022-JP or charset=euc-jp.

But on uxterm with ja_JP.UTF-8, it seems lynx fails to display
a page of ISO-2022-JP but can dispaly correctly a page of euc-jp.
(precisely, lynx doesn't display a page of euc-jp completely
correctly but it can dispaly japanese characters well.)

Please try
http://www1.pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp/~kohda/
then select "TeX" (the first link so only pressing Enter key)
and then select "XeTeX" (again the first link).

The first page is in English so no problem.
the "TeX" is in ISO-2022-JP and lynx displays series of symbols
the "XeTeX" is in euc-jp and lynx displays Japanese characters.

I'm afraid this could be a simple problem of settings or
my HTML files might be wrong but anyway please enlighten me.

Regards,                         2006-9-7(Thu)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima