Re: [Lynx-dev] howto get P)rint to terminal in a Screen session

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] howto get P)rint to terminal in a Screen session
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:06:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006, Henry Nelson wrote:

If I invoke lynx in the login shell, I can use the builtin lpansi
to print to a printer attached to the local terminal (PuTTY).
When inside a Screen session printing to the local terminal fails.
Is there a way to print to terminal within Screen?  TIA

According to its manpage, screen is supposed to recognize vt100-style
printer codes. That apparently only works if you have defined the printer on/off escapes in your .screenrc (see the discussion around the printcmd item).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net