Re: [Lynx-dev] nested-table in lynx2.8.6pre.2

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] nested-table in lynx2.8.6pre.2
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:01:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, address@hidden wrote:

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006, address@hidden wrote:

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 18:55:22 -0400 (EDT), Thomas Dickey wrote:

I attached a sample html file to this mail.

yes - that's the original case from your email in 2003.  But I get the
same display whether I use

        lynx -nested-tables=0 nestedTables.html
        ~

I tried again and I found that the default value depends on configure
option.

2001-08-15 (2.8.5dev.2)
* work around defect in move_anchors_in_region() and related logic by changing
  default for nested-tables to FALSE when Lynx is not configured for
  color-style.  The problem is that when an anchor is shifted right by
  nested-table logic, if it has a <BR> near the beginning of a table cell and
  it happens to be split across a line, its size will not be adjusted properly
  (report by Hataguchi Takeshi) -TD

There are two questions to answer:

(a) whether we should set the default to enable nested tables, given that for most pages it is an improvement, or disable it by default to lessen
confusion.

(b) whether the run-time toggling of the feature works properly.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net