[Lynx-dev] Reading HTML Mail and Using the Links with lynx

From: Martin McCormick
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Reading HTML Mail and Using the Links with lynx
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:40:01 -0500

        Someone recently asked about using lynx as a filter to
read HTML mail.  It certainly works well to use lynx for this
purpose, but I would like to take things a step further if
possible.  I presently have a line in my .mh_profile file to call
lynx when reading HTML mail and it works fine but the links
can't be selected the way they would if one was reading the HTML
of a web page.  Is there anything I can do to be able to arrow up
and down and select a given link?

        Here is the present way .mh_profile calls lynx with a
line break for readability's sake.

mhshow-show-text/html: %p/usr/local/bin/lynx -force_html -child -dump
'%F' | /usr/bin/less

        Thanks for your thoughts.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer