Re: [Lynx-dev] enable color style in windows version

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] enable color style in windows version
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:29:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 11:48:57PM -0400, Lawrence Armstrong wrote:
I have compiled Lynx 2.8.6dev.18 with PDCurses 2.6 with color_style enabled.
My style sheets now work!  I'm sad to report that, like 2.8.5, when bringing
up an external program such as system editor after you exit the editor and
return to Lynx, the style sheet turns to black background with gray text.

I hadn't noticed that (I tested external programs by running vile on some
local page such as the options menu).  Perhaps the screen-repainting was
broken again by a more recent change than that (a few weeks ago), or depends
on the spawned application.  I'll take a look to see if I can reproduce this.

I see - it seems that pdcurses (testing 2.8) forgets the color pairs when one calls endwin(). For the non-color style code, lynx happens to reinitialize the colors since that call is in a chunk which is always executed for the non-Unix curses (mainly VMS).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net