Re: [Lynx-dev] Problems with Lynx and Wine

From: Rado S
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Problems with Lynx and Wine
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:57:36 +0200

=- Stegozor wrote on Fri 22.Sep'06 at 15:38:45 +0200 -=

> But when I launch it, I get the following error message:
> wine lynx.exe
> LINES value must be >= 2 and <= 15594: got 0
> initscr(): LINES=0 COLS=1: too small.
>
> Is there an easy work around to fix that ? If so, maybe changing
> the the LINE value to 2 in the default settings would allow wine
> compatibility.

LINES + COLS are variables in your "environment".
You can see them with "set" in DOS/wine.
Maybe you can figure out how to adjust wine cfg to use proper
values.
If wine uses the env it was started in, export those vars in your
*x shell before calling wine.
Typically calling
        eval `resize`
before wine should do it.

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.