[Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.8.6

From: Jeffrey D. Benton
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.8.6
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:50:16 -0700

Lynx Developers:

I can get Lynx to download and unzip but I can't get it to run.  In my last attempt I downloaded lynx2.8.6rel.1.zip at http://www.pervalidus.net/cygwin/lynx/.  I have no software programming knowledge so I need it to download and run automatically.

Second question:  Can Lynx be configured to prevent the download of software programs--perhaps by filtering certain types of file extensions such as .exe?

Thanks.

Jeff Benton