Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and interactive parts of css

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and interactive parts of css
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:34:04 +0100 (BST)

>       text text text text text

This should not be a block level element.  In fact, with proper,
strict, HTML markup, in which the text text text would be in a P
element, it would be a syntax error.  This is not just a text
only issue; HTML should always be written to produce a valid
document even when no styling is applied.

If you are re-ordering it with style sheets, the conversion to
block level should be done by using DISPLAY:BLOCK styling.

Also, ideally in the styled version, I suspect that footnote tag
should be styled as run-in.  However, I think you need an XSLT
type styling language to really handle this properly, in print
format, as you need to generate the footnote label in both places
(you don't need it at all in the interactive version).  Also,
I think support for run-in is missing from IE.