Re: [Lynx-dev] "can't access startfile"

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] "can't access startfile"
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 14:14:46 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> Thomas Dickey dixit:
>
> > (If it's important enough, someone will offer a patch to improve it).
>
> I actually think if you just type "lynx" it should start, but if you
> type "lynx some://uri" and that URI is invalid, you've hung youself,
> and Unix® gives you the rope to do so. (Lynx on DOS/Win/VMS too ;-)

It isn't just the startfile. The way lynx is set now, it aborts if all
the initial files aren't present. It aborts on the absence not only of
the startfile, but also lynx.cfg and lynx.lss. I like it this way. It
forces the files to be fixed before proceeding. The only thing that
distubs me about this is that if the helpfiles are gzip'd, it may be
hard to read them when lynx isn't set up correctly.

                           Doug
--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden