Re: [Lynx-dev] Possible bug?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Possible bug?
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:40:35 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Andreas Troschka wrote:

I'm using Lynx on Linux (Gentoo and Ubuntu actual releases).
Default installation without particular setup nor lynx.cfg.

What version would that be?  I recall fixing some 8-bit character issue,
but don't see it in "recent" changelog entries.

lynx -cmd_script=loginscript.txt www.gmx.net

At this point:

1. the connection to www.gmx.net is correctly completed (the main page of the
site is correctly rendered)
2. the serie of "key down" strokes to the userID inbox is correctly handled
3. suppose the text of the userID is "mo", the script generates and sends the two characters
"mo" as it should do, but at the same time Lynx returns a message like "We are already at the
main page" and then it renders the Options menu'!!!

It should work - I just tried a simple case like that.
Aside from possibly having some remaining issue with non-ASCII codes,
I'm not sure what might be the problem.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net