Re: [Lynx-dev] "Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host."

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] "Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host."
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 15:09:19 +0900

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 10:52:49PM -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
> 061205 Henry Nelson wrote:
> > I'm trying to connect to "http://running_on_alcohol.tripod.com/id4.html";,
> > but all I get is "Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host".

Sorry for the noise.  It's some kind of DNS problem, but I can't see
what's different from the Windows setup and the unix host.  Nslookup
of "running_on_alcohol.tripod.com" yields an IP of 209.202.226.100,
but trying to go to "http://209.202.226.100/id4.html"; ends up with a
"Sorry, but the page or the file that you're looking for is not here."
error.

Wget from the same account also fails: "Resolving
running_on_alcohol.tripod.com... failed: Non-recoverable failure in name
resolution."

Have no idea what the problem is.

> > I can view the page with MSIE
>
> What's that ... (grin) ?

BAD habit.

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999