[Lynx-dev] PDF, Google, and Helper Apps

From: gilmap
Subject: [Lynx-dev] PDF, Google, and Helper Apps
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 16:58:27 -0700 (MST)

Frequently, I do a Google search, as for:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=md5sum+z%2Fos

... and one or more of the hits says:

   Your browser may not have a PDF reader available. Google recommends

   visiting our text version of this document.

So:

o I have a PDF viewer defined in my .mailcap, but a trace shows only:

    Accept: text/html, text/plain, text/css, text/sgml, */*;q=0.01\r

  What more must I do to get Lynx to accept application/pdf?

o The "text version" link takes me back to the query results page.
  This is a bug I should report to Google, isn't it?

Thanks,
gil
--
StorageTek