Re: [Lynx-dev] PDF, Google, and Helper Apps

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] PDF, Google, and Helper Apps
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 20:37:45 -0500

061214 address@hidden wrote:
> Frequently, I do a Google search, as for:
>   http://www.google.com/search?q=md5sum+z%2Fos
> ... and one or more of the hits says:
>  Your browser may not have a PDF reader available.
>  Google recommends visiting our text version of this document.

No problem here: I follow link [28] & Lynx calls up Kpdf to handle it,
which reveals a  114 pp  IBM doc re using some hard/software device.

In  ~/.mailcap  I have :

  application/pdf; /usr/kde/3.5/bin/kpdf %s

In  ~/.mime.types  I have :

  application/pdf    pdf

All this on Gentoo Linux with KDE 3.5.5 & Lynx 2.8.6.dev18 .