Re: [Lynx-dev] META NAMEs, etc.

From: hsv
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] META NAMEs, etc.
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:58:45 -0500

Is this the sort of thing you want?
<http://vancouver-webpages.com/META/metatags.detail.html>http://vancouver-webpages.com/META/metatags.detail.html
<<<<<<<<
Yeap, that looks pretty good....

Welcome to the wonderful world of proprietary de facto standards!  ....
<<<<<<<<
Yeah. and not through the approved profiles, either, but that seemed
unlikely to me when I saw it, although surely a URL better represents
proprietariness than GENERATOR, although, as you hint, some firms would
like to consider the WWW their own property. There is enough success that
a local college requires the use of a proprietary word-processor format
(guess which one) for exchange of syllabi (and is also quite heavy-handed
about its content).