RE: [Lynx-dev] using lynx in expect scripts?

From: Virden, Larry W.
Subject: RE: [Lynx-dev] using lynx in expect scripts?
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 07:32:08 -0500

Jeff Sadowski dixit:

> Problem is this when I change my screen size to anything but 80x24
> columns my script explodes on me an I have no idea why.

You know, I use lynx 2.8.7dev.4 right now. And I've found that, while I
can change the number of lines of my xterm and lynx works fine, if I try
to resize my xterm to be much wider (and performing an unset COLUMNS so
there isn't a variable saying the size is otherwise), I sometimes see
lynx's handling of certain aspects of the page to be unexpected.
Sometimes, I see a doubling of text that was highlighed in inverse, for
example.

The behavior isn't consistent, so I can't point you to an example. If I
get a chance to do a screen dump of the kind of thing to which I am
seeing, I'll post a pointer to it.