Re: [Lynx-dev] mac version

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] mac version
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 05:17:55 +0000 (UTC)

Walter Ian Kaye dixit:

[ MirPorts ]
> How do I download/install it on my Mac?

I suggest a case-sensitive partition, but for a one-off
installation of lynx it doesn't matter much.

I'll assume you will install MirPorts as user with
superuser rights. Otherwise, read Setup.sh.8 (comes
with the checkout) for further information. The -e
argument will place configuration files in /usr/mpkg/etc
instead of /etc so that you don't conflict with other
packaging systems.

The password is "anoncvs".

$ cd /usr
$ sudo mkdir mirports
$ sudo chown $(id -u) mirports
$ export CVS_RSH=ssh
$ cvs -d address@hidden:/cvs co -PAd mirports ports
$ cd ports
$ sudo sh Setup.sh -e
$ . /usr/mpkg/db/SetEnv.sh
$ cd www/lynx
$ mmake install clean

To run lynx, start it from /usr/mpkg/bin/ - you _might_ need
to source /usr/mpkg/db/SetEnv.sh before, but I don't think
that is necessary for lynx. Hm, well, maybe because of its
use of libncursesw…

Please contact me in private or via IRC if there are
problems with this process. I don't have a Mac myself,
but I have a shell account where I can test some things.

bye,
//mirabile
--
  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."