[Lynx-dev] Lynx eats characters in form submission

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Lynx eats characters in form submission
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 19:59:35 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

if I enter some special characters in a form submission field,
they are "eaten" and replaced by others. For example,
… -> ...
☑ -> X

If I use some other browser to submit them (to phpBB), they're
transmitted correctly and show up as … and ☑, re-
spectively, if I edit that posting, so phpBB seems to receive
and convert unicode (UTF-8 encoded) characters correctly.

Why is lynx doing the conversion to "7-bit approximations",
even if the display AND site charsets are utf-8?

bye,
//mirabile
--
  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."