Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx eats characters in form submission

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx eats characters in form submission
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 15:35:57 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

Hi,

if I enter some special characters in a form submission field,
they are "eaten" and replaced by others. For example,
… -> ...
☑ -> X

If I use some other browser to submit them (to phpBB), they're
transmitted correctly and show up as … and ☑, re-
spectively, if I edit that posting, so phpBB seems to receive
and convert unicode (UTF-8 encoded) characters correctly.

Why is lynx doing the conversion to "7-bit approximations",
even if the display AND site charsets are utf-8?

because the line-editing code needs a rewrite...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net