Re: [Lynx-dev] patch pretty-src: fix attr w/o value, 1 other problem sti

From: Rado S
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] patch pretty-src: fix attr w/o value, 1 other problem still persistent
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:34:42 +0100

=- Thomas Dickey wrote on Sun 18.Feb'07 at 12:18:58 -0500 -=

> > the attached patch fixes the previously mentioned problem that the
> > coloring of pretty-src gets messed up when an attr without a value
> > appears and is not the last one before the closing '>'.
> > Please verify, then enjoy.
>
> thanks

D'oh, attached wrong "quick test" version, a cleaner variant is:
------ QUOTE BEGIN ------
        if (c == '=' || c == ' ' )
            PUTC(c);
        if (c == '=' || c == '>' || c == ' ') {
------- QUOTE END -------

i.e. make ' ' last (because happens rarely, and join to 1x PUTC.

> > Setup: 150x109 linux-xterm (== + color) remote ssh to solaris
> > 8, TERM=nxterm, ncurses5.2, different fg/bg colors for all the
> > different pretty-src items.
> >
> > See the source of
> >     http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/attributes.html
> > That should be all OK.
> > Compare with
> >     http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/elements.html
> >
> > At the beginning the
> >     '<A HREF="attributes.html[10]"> attributes</A>'
> > before
> >     '<H1 ALIGN="center">Index of Elements<A
> > NAME="h-2">&nbsp;</A></H1>'
> >
> > The color of the href value is already wrong, and the
> > following text of inside the H1 and all text outside of any
> > <tag> has wrong color.

... and all the text in <TD></TD> thereafter.

I forgot to mention that I have numbered links on the _right_ side.

> > When I break that long line with the HREF in the source in 2
> > lines, then the colors are OK. Maybe something about
> > line-wrapping or bad luck with processing at right margin?

Plus, when in that long source line I insert NL after the '<A'
before the 'HREF=', it still shows the "unbroken" line in
pretty-src, as if I hadn't inserted it (this NL insertion being
ignored for all '<a href' on that line).
In fact it seems NL as attr separator is replaced as SPC?! :-/

You're responsible for ALL of it: you get what you give.