Re: [Lynx-dev] pretty-src coloring breaks

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] pretty-src coloring breaks
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 16:01:50 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Dickey dixit:

>> (uh, btw, I just noticed in ncurses 5.5 "xterm" != "xterm-new":
>>      key_backspace: '\177', '^H'
>> Why is this different? Why isn't "xterm" ^H, too?)
>
>It depends on the platform - the BSD people want ^H, and the Linux want ^?.

Actually, it depends on the version too - OpenBSD has had a
time where they switched between BS and DEL every 2 releases,
several times… MirBSD is at ^? now, and I guess we took this
over from them. (Tested in both xterm and wsvt25 text console.)

bye,
//mirabile
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt