[Lynx-dev] lynx-2.8.6 patches from pkgsrc

From: Thomas Klausner
Subject: [Lynx-dev] lynx-2.8.6 patches from pkgsrc
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:29:40 +0100

Hi!

I just upgraded the package in NetBSD pkgsrc to 2.8.6rel4.  pkgsrc
now contains 3 patches, which I'll attach and try to explain below.

patch-aa is not something that should be committed as-is.  The
issue it solves for pkgsrc is that we don't want to overwrite config
files during package installation, so we install the default config
files in an examples directory, and pkgsrc then proceeds to install
it in the place where lynx needs them, if no previous version exists
there.  On deinstallation, if the file was not changed by the user,
it is removed again. This patch changes the file installation path
as needed.  Perhaps some other way to support this could be added?
However, I'm not sure what to recommend. One possibility would be
to let SYSCONFDIR be overridden from the environment during
program installation (e.g. by using ?= when setting sysconfdir or
SYSCONFDIR).

patch-ab avoid hardcoding the path to the msgfmt and gmsgfmt binaries
into lynx itself. In pkgsrc, these paths point to a temporary directory
that disappears after the package has been built, and these references
shouldn't be leaked. It shouldn't affect anyone else badly, so
perhaps this can be included in the lynx sources?

patch-af adds DESTDIR support to po/makefile.inn and should be
included as-is.

Thanks for the providing this very useful browser!
 Thomas