Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx colour flaws

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx colour flaws
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 16:36:21 +0000 (UTC)

Rado S dixit:

>Moin,
>
>I've put together some color annoyances, please have a look at

Okay, two colour annoyances from me and one which lynx shares with many
other tools – a cursor position annoyance.

• http://users.unixforge.de/~tglaser/lynx-clrbug1-search-utf8.png

“Direktor” is highlighted as search term, but the position of
the highlight is off by one, because earlier on the same line,
there's an “ü” (width 1 column, size 2 octets) which seems to
no longer confuse the code that sets the links, but the high-
lights.

• http://users.unixforge.de/~tglaser/lynx-clrbug2-width-utf8.pnghttp://users.unixforge.de/~tglaser/lynx-curbug3-position-utf8.png

I just used two kana because they have a width of 2. The cursor
position isn't right, and the colouring of the trailing underline
characters isn't either once the field is left. (In addition, they
are probably replaced by e.g. a5 when submitting, just like … is
replaced by three dots, etc.)

bye,
//mirabile
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt