Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: Lynx color flaws

From: Rado S
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: Lynx color flaws
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 18:12:33 +0200

=- Thomas Dickey wrote on Tue 27.Mar'07 at 20:12:44 -0400 -=

> Is there a source for textarea.gif ?

Argh, yes, forgot to link it. Reload.

What I just noticed:
When the TEXTAREA goes wild, then following INPUT colors are
broken as per the "formfail" case reported above.

> > When you re-check them, then you can reproduce _all_ of them?
>
> With formfail, I'm seeing different colors than your picture
> (submit and TXT are different yellow/red and default/blue - so
> "Submit" is still in a different color than formok.gi).

Uh, yellow/red is when the link is selected, move the cursor away. :)

The problem formok vs. formfail is that the latter uses A-color
for _all_ INPUT elements, while formok (correctly) uses INPUT-color.

> > But then this means a lot to fix ... I'll have a look at the
> > DFN,SUB,SUP defects, because there I have a chance to find a
> > solution myself. The other stuff is too complex for me (atm).
>
> It might be simpler to fix than the table layout ...

Oh, I don't mind the table-layout failures for badly wrapping to
long cells, I'm used to that. ;)
I'm happy the layout works ok when no wrapping is required.

I'm more interested in having the wrong coloring fixed for
normally not visible elements (like TR or the unexplainable APPLET
error), so that I can generally use lynx more efficiently with
correct colors (for INPUT (especially type=submit ;) and IMG).