Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: Lynx color flaws

From: Rado S
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: Lynx color flaws
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:37:36 +0200

=- Thomas Dickey wrote on Wed 28.Mar'07 at 20:51:35 -0400 -=

> > What I just noticed:
> > When the TEXTAREA goes wild, then following INPUT colors are
> > broken as per the "formfail" case reported above.
>
> I see that the input colors aren't reset as I move the cursor
> through it.

"reset"? What did you expect? That after initially being A-color
they'd revert to their originally correct INPUT-color?
Or do you mean the wrong TEXTAREA doesn't revert?

Neither does. ;)

However, when radio-buttons are unselected, it goes "normal"
color. When then the cursor passes, the initial color is applied
again (happens for both correct INPUT- and wrong A-color).

BTW, the TEXTAREA seems to break always at line 64 here.
For you, too, or at some other line?
Maybe there is some hardcoded limit? Or not enough memory reserved?
Maybe lynx wasn't designed to work with > 80x50 terminals.

> ok...

So all wrong colors are confirmed?

> Colored regions on the screen are at least something that one
> can see to work on.

Fine, happy to hear that, and looking forward for the inconsistent
TR coloring to be fixed, but even more the IMG+INPUT color issues. :)

> well I'll see what I can do (am swamped til the weekend, but want
> to make sure I can reproduce things).

Thanks, confirmation is always welcome to see where the error lies.