Re: [Lynx-dev] Help, Lynx and Https

From: gilmap
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Help, Lynx and Https
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 13:54:20 -0600 (MDT)

In a recent note, Antonio Latronico said:

> Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 12:39:21 +0200
>
> im newbie of the os freebsd and lynx, the mine default os is linux ubuntu
>
> now im using the os freebsd only by the command line and have need to read
> the mine email on the web

Lynx may not be the best choice for E-mail.  For Gmail you might try Pine.
I'm told that Pine has IMAP client capability; perhaps it also does POP-3,
which Gmail uses.

Will freebsd support X11, which might free you from command line?

Finally perhaps your can enable https URLs with a free SSL product.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL