[Lynx-dev] lynx color styles and hash collisions.

From: Zephaniah E. Hull
Subject: [Lynx-dev] lynx color styles and hash collisions.
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 18:09:01 -0400

I ran into an odd case today, specificly I had a document which was
giving the body text the link.blue style coloring.

After lots of hunting, I finally found it.

From the trace:

CSSPARSE:link.blue => 3506
CSS(PA):style d=133 / h=3506, e=link.blue
STYLE.start_element: <BODY>.<single>, hcode=3506.

Which means, with CSHASHSIZE = 8193, 'link.blue' and
'<body class="single">' results in a hash collision.

And nothing in the lynx color style hash code even considers the
possibility that you might have a hash collision in a 13bit hash.

I'll leave this one for people who know the code better.

Zephaniah E. Hull.

--
          1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <address@hidden>
           92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801