[Lynx-dev] Proposed patch to init preferred-doc-lang from LANG/LANGUAGE

From: Chuck Houpt
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Proposed patch to init preferred-doc-lang from LANG/LANGUAGE
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 17:12:57 -0400

I'd like to propose/submit the attached patch, which makes Lynx use the LANG/LANGUAGE environment variables to generate the preferred document language setting (PREFERRED_LANGUAGE). The PREFERRED_LANGUAGE setting is used as the Accept-Language header in HTTP requests.

At the moment, Lynx defaults to English for the PREFERRED_LANGUAGE, although users can set this with Options/.lynxrc.

I think it would be useful to default PREFERRED_LANGUAGE based on LANG/LANGUAGE, because then both the UI and documents would be displayed in the user's favorite languages.

The patch includes code and doc changes (against 2.8.7dev.4). Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Cheers - Chuck