Re: [Lynx-dev] Proposed patch to init preferred-doc-lang from LANG/LANGU

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Proposed patch to init preferred-doc-lang from LANG/LANGUAGE
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:14:52 +0100

Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
This is a problem of web administators but irrelevant to the patch, isn't this?

I can't see any actual problems, but I think it will be of limited usefulness as it will only benefit the narrow band of users that are sophisticated enough to set up the shell locale, but are either monolingual, or not sophisticated enough to configure a full HTTP language profile.

Another factor that mitigates its usefulness is that very few web sites actually negotiate language.