[Lynx-dev] [META] impressions.in and this list

From: David Woolley
Subject: [Lynx-dev] [META] impressions.in and this list
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 09:32:12 +0100

address@hidden are now sending broken "Thankyou for your mail" responses in response to postings to this list at intervals of approximately an hour, all for the same posting. Previously they were responding once after each posting. Normal broken auto-responders normally don't respond again for a least a day. The responses are also broken in that they retain the Recevied-From headers from their inbound side.

As they have been sending broken single responses for many months now and it has provide impossible to get the list adminstrators to unsubscribe them, could I ask that hosting of this list be moved to a list server with competent administration, or at least to one that will delegate list subscription management to the individual list owner.

I'm now going to see if I can get my ISP's spam filter to consider impressions to be spammers, as it looks like even moving the list may not get rid of them.

Attempts to complain directly to them, several months ago, and to the administrative contact for their domain managers/hosters (address@hidden), last week, have been completely ignored. (They don't have a registered abuse contact, although I'm using the standard functional addresses here.)