Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.7.5

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.7.5
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 17:56:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Fred Kasner wrote:

I have previously used lynx at sdf.freeshell.org for downloading from ftp.symantec.com/AVDEFS/norton_antivirus . In the past this worked quite well and a version of it still does at xnet.com . However the version that appears to be 2.8.5 does not properly display the subdirectories below the default one you find at ftp.symantec.com . A right arrow key does not bring you to a new directory but merely to an information screen for lynx. The version that xnet.com runs works properly and one can see the subdirectory called AVDEFS when you arrive at ftp.symantec.com .

Reviewing older versions, I can see two different problems which combine
to break this - introduced in 2.8.4dev.2 and 2.8.3dev.21 (would be nice
to know what version sdf.lonestar.org is using, for comparison).

Do have any indication as to why this doesn't work? I have resorted to using the less elegant program called links and have had successful results with this one. So it might appear to be some problem associated with incompability between sdf.lonestar.org and this lynx version.
Fred Kasner
address@hidden

address@hidden