Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.7.5

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.7.5
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 16:33:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 2 May 2007, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Fred Kasner wrote:

I have previously used lynx at sdf.freeshell.org for downloading from ftp.symantec.com/AVDEFS/norton_antivirus . In the past this worked quite
It's hanging because of some bug in lynx's passive-ftp support,
which can be disabled by setting

Further investigation shows me it's lynx not recovering properly from a bug of the ftp server - the same case as I worked around in this instance. That is, it pretends to accept commands after reporting an error, but will close the data connection when doing a LIST. This one is called "spftp/1.0.0000":

2004-01-07 (2.8.5dev.17)
* add check for broken ProFTPD 1.2.5rc1, e.g., at ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub,
  and force a reconnection if an error 550 is detected when doing RETR.  This
  is ifdef'd with BROKEN_PROFTPD and checks version (reports by GV, DK) -TD

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net