Re: [Lynx-dev] 403 forbidden in Lynx but not other browsers?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] 403 forbidden in Lynx but not other browsers?
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:08:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

At 11:50 a -0400 05/11/2007, Thomas Dickey didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Stef Caunter wrote:

On Thu, 10 May 2007, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

Why can't Lynx get to the site? Here's a trace log excerpt:

This is okay with 2.8.6rel.1 - are you really using 2.8.5? This might explain things.

I assumed the 2.8.5 was leftover in the optoins (since lynx does not
change it once it's set).

Still running 2.8.5. I probably tried updating a while ago, but:

FreeBSD ports collection:

sometimes it's simpler to compile than mess with the ports...

I need to find a freebsd guru to tell me how to upgrade my ports to what the website knows. I guess there's downloading a file for local program to see, or smartening the local program to know what's actually available. I don't know. :/
Any FreeBSD gurus here?